Thursday, April 17, 2014

Motivation

We do what we do because we want what we want. I think this phrase sums up my motivation problem pretty well. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. Sometimes it's the hardest thing to just get up and start laundry, or even to go get a drink to keep myself hydrated. We would call this problem laziness, but I would argue that it's a problem of misplaced priorities.
Many times what I want doesn't line up with what God wants. I want to sleep, I want to watch tv shows, I want to do what I want to do; and while I would never intentionally put it into words (although I am right now), I want what I want more than I want what God wants. This is a really flawed way of thinking that comes from a huge place of pride in my life.
1 Corinthians 10:31 states, "Therefore, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." When I place my wants above God's, that shows that I'm more worried about doing things to the glory of Kate than to the glory of God.
We need to be sure to keep the Lord the focus of our entire lives, whether in keeping our house clean, or finishing work we've been given quickly, happily, and well. In fact, when we keep God at the center of our lives, we should be seeking out opportunities to serve others and to give the credit to God.
Try to keep in mind who is The Most High as you go about your daily life, and be encouraged by the fact that this same Most High has designed us to be at our happiest while glorifying Him.
Praise God that serving Him is a joyful thing!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Kate! I don't know you too well, but I was just looking through your blog. This one caught my eye. During school, it is so easy to loose motivation, and not put forth the very best I can do. This carries over to even the small tasks such as cleaning like you mentioned. I think this is a wonderful post because we all loose motivation once and awhile. We need to be reminded to do our very best work to glorify God.

    Caroline Stegman {misscarolinescorner.blogspot.com}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely agree! And thanks for the visit ๐Ÿ˜€

      Delete